Thursday, March 25, 2010

March Update

I'm trying to do at least a monthly update from now on, we'll see if this works!

Well I don't know what's better...graduation is three months away or its finally above 50 outside?

This month Blazer and I stayed in Aiken the week before Full Gallop. We got some much needed outdoor work in before our first intermediate of the season. With all the snow this winter I think it's safe to say Blazer was very very happy to be turned out and dirty again.

I could not have asked for a better weekend at Full Gallop. We got the first ride time of the day, 7:30! Apart from waking up early I think Blazer and I worked much better in the larger ring that Intermediate now rides in for dressage. We put in a very steady test but there's always room for improvement in my opinion. As always, Blazer did not fail to disappoint in the show jumping, jumping double clear. Sunday morning he again was spot on with a clear cross country round adding only time faults to our dressage score to end 3rd!

After hauling back home to Virginia we began preparing for Morven. During one of his gallops Blazer grabbed his heel pretty bad and it took a few days until he was ok to put a shoe back on. The last year with Blazer has gone so well I think I began to think that he was unstoppable. This minor setback reminded me of the reality of horses and that every detail needs to be taken care of before we head off to the Fair Hill CIC** in April. Since I need Fair Hill as a qualifier to go to the NAJYRC CCI** this summer I've opted to scratch Blazer from XC at Morven this weekend in order to let his heel fully recover.

The next month should be fun getting ready for my first CIC**, making my final decision on college, and turning 18!

No comments:

Post a Comment