Saturday, October 16, 2010

Unfortunate Day at Fair Hill

As I'm sure many of you know, I began riding with Jenn Simmons when I was 11 years old. Jenn has taught me just about everything I know in eventing. She took me through my first novice all the way until my first two star. I was working for her the summer that she got JB's Star and was lucky enough to watch Jenn move him up the levels over the years. JB was always a spunky, happy, and good hearted horse. I know that Jenn will be back smiling and laughing in no time but I also know that she will never forget JB. The two of them had the type of partnership that is irreplaceable. Watching them, it was like they could predict what the other was going to do next. JB was a difficult horse at times, one that many riders probably wouldn't have chosen but I think that's what Jenn loved about him, he was a challenge, he took patience, and boy could he jump! I know that this must be a very tough time for Jenn and I am truly sorry to see such an amazing partnership end so unfortunately. I would not be the rider that I am today without Jenn and JB would not have been the great horse that he was without Jenn.

No comments:

Post a Comment