Friday, October 28, 2011

On the Mend

As I'm sure many of you have gathered, I had shoulder surgery to repair a torn labrum 5 weeks ago. After selling Blazer to a fantastic new home I decided it was time to do something about my shoulder. Over the past five years I have dislocated it three times and put off surgery to continue with Blazer. Surgery went well and I started physical therapy 7 days later. It is still at least another month before I'm totally back at it riding. However, I've started the search for new prospects.
The plan as of now is to head down to Aiken for the winter again so I am hoping to have a new young horse starting down there. This winter will be a focus on rebuilding, my shoulder, and my team of horses. Ideally I'd like to find a couple nice horses to be competing this season. For now I just have to keep pushing through the physical therapy so I'm back better than ever this spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment